п»їUnit 2 Assessment: Atomic Structure, Nuclear Hormone balance, Quantum Theory, Periodic Table
Basic Atomic Structure
1 ) Complete this chart.
installment payments on your Atomic mass is a decimal. Why?
3. Define Isotope.
4. Efficiently charged ions are shaped as atoms _______________(lose, gain) electrons. 5. Calculate the atomic mass of the following sample of Silicon. 92. 21 % 28Si, some. 70% 29Si, and 3. 09% 30Si. Answer to 2 decimal spots, remember units.
6. For the atom increases two electrons, it becomes an ion using a charge of __________. Indivisible Chemistry
Total the following elemental decay reactions.
Kind of Decay (О±, ОІ, Оі)
7. ______________ 99m43Tc пѓ 9943Tc & ______
8. ______________ 24795Am пѓ 0-1e + _______
9. ______________ 17593Np пѓ 42He & _______
12. What is the between transmutation and blend? Which releases more energy?
11. What is the difference between nuclear reactions and chemical reactions? (hint: which in turn parts of the atom are involved)
The Bohr Version and Mess Theory
12. The possibility region through which an electron may maneuver is a(n) ______________________________. 13. At a p sublevel, there are (how many) ____________ orbitals. In an s sublevel, there are ___________ orbitals. By a deb sublevel, you will find ____________ orbitals. 14. The ideal number of bad particals possible to the p sublevel is ____________. 15. That which was Bohr's main contribution to our understanding of atomic structure? _______________________ 16. If an electron provides absorbed strength and has shifted to the next energy level, the electron is said to be in an. 17. When every one of the electrons within an atom happen to be in the most affordable available levels of energy, the atom is in the. 18. Spectral lines of elements are caused by (1) electrons submiting their orbitals, (2) electrons jumping to higher energy levels, (3) the sto? of the nucleus, (4) bad particals falling to lessen energy levels. 19. Write the total electron...